Friday, October 8, 2010

On the path – finding myself

I am on a journey. Its a long one… but I am learning to love the journey so that’s ok.
I was 20years old when I became a mother, I was young, naive, and had lost myself in a relationship. Certainly not the first woman to do so and I wont be the last but back then I had no idea. Looking back now I see how lost and sad I was.
Fast forward a few years and I was a single mother to two babies struggling to find my place in the world. The journey to find myself began. Fast forward a few more years and I am a single mother to three children and a little further into the journey.
I’ve made many mistakes, found strength I didn’t know I had, learnt new skills and discovered passions I had forgotten about and new passions that make my days brighter.
I have learnt I am more than a mother, and its important I nurture that part of me as my children need to see me as someone who has interests, loves, passions, someone who finds joy, happiness and sadness in the world around us.
I am on a constantly changing path that surprises me all the time. I am learning not to sweat the small stuff, to find joy in small things, to surround myself by things that inspire me, to chase dreams, and love love love with all I have.
7239
I’m excited to share this space with Ashlee and to build an awesome reminder of this journey, our goals, dreams and to help each other along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment