Friday, October 1, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Baking

I feel that part of domestic bliss is a couple of hours weekly baking and then tins full of goodies for the week.

It certainly makes lunch-making easier to have slices, cakes, muffins and cookies on hand! You cant beat that home-made decadence and it is so satisfying.

In my head, a Saturday session of baking usually falls into the too-hard basket. But I have to change that because in my last few sessions of baking, I have managed to churn out some incredible amounts of biscuits and muffins in about an hour! SO I would like to start making this a regular habit. The kids love to help although this requires some serious patience! But if I have the energy to stand for an hour, & clean-up as I go, I am certain to reap the rewards!

Well today we went to the park for a walk and I really really wanted a slice. We have no plain biscuits, no apricots etc so the options are limited. I resorted to melting half a pack of choc drops with a little cream, and then stirring through a couple of cups of ricies & cornflakes to create crackles in mini-muffin trays. They're a hit with the kids and so so easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment