Friday, November 12, 2010

Jazzing Up Spaces on A Budget

For you, ALisa....

*Rearrange the furniture - cleaning out cobwebs, sorting piles and clearing clutter helps give a fresh look!
*Redecroate by moving wall pictures and hangings, dusting surfaces and rearranging the ornaments. In Spring I clear spaces so there is less clutter around. In Autumn I tend to group more items so I get a more warm, homely effect for winter. Finish with a vase of fresh flowers!
*Use command hooks or blu-tack to change what is on the walls.
*I have two big canvases on the walls, and every few months, we paint over them. The kids have a ball drawing all over it, and when it is dry I rehang. It always looks different and fresh, and of coruse the paint is cheap and its a morning of fun so win-win-win!
*While you have the paint out, try painting terracotta pots and replanting them.
*Clean - a really good scrub of the tiles/carpet, the ceiling, the fans, the walls etc can really make things feel better!
*Cheap or free nets or curatins can freshen the space
*I use cushions in Winter, but in Summer I pack them away - what a change in the look of the room
*I have winter and summer duvet covers - one tends to be warm reds and the summer one is pure white. For the kids, something fun for summer and something warmer for winter - gives a new look to the room!
*I use Martha Stewart for inspiration! And I have sigbned up to a daily email which has an organisational tip with photos for ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I triede browsing old Marthas website the other day but it was soooo slow for me.. might try again later.

    I did some moving around after my last post and love the effect.. all the same stuff but in new places and groupings makes a real difference.. we will be doing a christmas craft a week til christmas now so slowly the house will start looking festive... our colour scheme this year is pink, purple, teal and silver.. light bright and colourful... YAH

    ReplyDelete