Monday, November 15, 2010

Trista's Room

The evolution of Trista's room!



It started as the same colour as every other room in our house - a bland creamy colour which I hate although I'm slowly getting rid of it! It was decorated in muted blues for when Kaden was in there. But we won a Little Treasures/Resene competition and so I repainted the room - 3 walls in pale pink, and one in pale purple.



Everything in her room is special, the belly casting from 39 weeks pregnant, the BEauty and the Beast poster which used to hang in my childhood room. I won the cot duvet from Little PJ's, and when it arrived, in all its pink glory with matching sheets and blanket, I knew I was having a girl (this was in January before I had her in July!). Her Nan bought the bed duvet and helped pay for the curtains which match it, and I painted her name letters which I bought of TMe. Her magnetic wardrobe has our Little Treasures articles on it, and there is a couple of special cushions - the 'T' from online friend Claire, and the cushion called 'Allegra' which is Trista's middle name.

Anyway, it worked well, then I rearrnaged it, which we all loved. Trista moved into her bed at this time and it was easy to tidy with no extra clutter. Until I rearranged it again! This time did not work well - it timed with her wetting her bed every night, and a stage of getting dressed 10 times a day. With most of the family toys in her room, since the boys shared a room, Trista's room was the playroom and always a dump, with clothes, bedding and toys everywhere. So I have just done this:





I love to rearrange the kids rooms. It keeps it fresh and interesting, and is a really good chance to clear out clutter and wash windows and curtains (so yes, I usually do it in Spring!). I love to continually make the rooms better and so it suits their changing needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment