Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November

Exams are over, I stopped work last month . . . time to focus on me and the kids and the house!
My goals for November:
*clear the house - massive declutter, clear the hallway, get our bedroom in order and get out baby stuff, oh and declutter!!
*get myself back in kilter, try and spend some more time on me and the kids and feel a bit calmer and also work on my health which aint so good.
Then in December, my goals are to spend heaps and HEAPS of time with the kids, making Xmas stuff and enjoying the sunshine etc and generally unwidning and having quality time before the baby comes.

I have finally got myself over the hurdle of having to keep everything. It started with a dream a few weeks ago, about our house burning down. I dreamt I could rebuild and this lovely new house had a place for everything and was so nice. I thought about this for a few days and then realised I can still have this! I realised that I have sooo much stuff but I wouldnt really miss much - so why keep it now? It is really holding me down and holding me back and stopping me from enjoying what I love.... so its time to go!! I am so much more ruthless now!!
I have a traler on the lawn I can fill with rubbish, and the boot is empty so I can fill it and donate it. YAY
Only drawback is this week my pelvis and hips are so sore and I cant do much, but baby steps!! ANd the mindset has been the hardest thing to change so I am glad I have finally overcome that!!! BRING ON THE DECLUTTERING!

To celebrate, I am hoping to be able to repaint the lounge by the end of November. I already have brand new curtains so it is going to look fantastic and I cant wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those goals match mine to a t.. apart from the getting out baby stuff and sore pelvis etc.

    I wonder if we should get a weekly goal and have before and after pics (for our eyes only of course?) it might be a good motivation for me anyways.

    I used to keep everything but have gotten much better about throwing things away and clearing out things but still have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete